- stash stash [stæʆ] verb [transitive] informalto store something, especially money, in a safe, often secret place:stash something away
• He has money stashed away in the Bahamas.
• The multi-millionaire apparently had £250 million stashed in overseas accounts.— stash noun [countable] :
• After 20 years, she would have an after-tax stash of $467,000 in her taxable account.
* * *stash UK US /stæʃ/ verb [T] INFORMAL► to store something, especially a large amount of money, in a safe place, often secretly: »
She stashed an $84 million fortune in foreign bank accounts.stash sth away »
He had never revealed to his wife that he had stashed away $3 million in assets.stash noun [C]► »
Over 20 years the extra savings will add $160,000 to your retirement stash.
Financial and business terms. 2012.